Monday, 27 July 2026

Running

 As many may know, I am an avid runner. I'm not very good at it, but I really enjoy getting out on the road on my own. It gives me time for a bit of contemplation. This year has been a little hard going due to a multiple of reasons, including holidays, work commitments etc, but I did set myself the goal of running a 10km in under my age. 

 

I was pretty much convinced I would have to wait for my next birthday to achieve this, but after a good 15km on Saturday, I set out this morning intending to do a recovery run. However, all systems were green, and so I decided to change the recovery 7km along the Liffey into a slow steady 10km in the Phoenix Park. 

 

Well, the wheels kept turning and the tackies didn't burst and so I came in in a very creditable 55:50 which beats my current age of 57 ! 

 

Take that sports lovers!



 





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment